The Share Food Program SHARE — Self-Help And Resource Exchange, is a nonprofit organization that serves a regional network of community organizations that act as host sites for Share’s “Package Program.”
The Package Program offers nutritious food packages at discount prices. With two hours of volunteer service of your choice (in your community) per package, you can purchase any of the SHARE packages. There is no limit on the amount of packages you can purchase as long as you donate volunteer hours. This program is for everyone and anyone – no financial qualifications or membership fees. The food is ordered though a distribution center in Philadelphia and delivered to the host site for a small fee.
Menus, SHARE newsletters, order forms, and pickup are available at the Stand Up For Salem office in Fenwick Plaza:
205 E. BROADWAY - across from Pat's Pizza, (856) 935-8800
What is a SHARE Package?
The SHARE signature package is the monthly Value package which contains 4-6 pounds of frozen meat, and various fruits and vegetables for $21.50 which has a value of $35-$40 in the grocery store. There are also packages of meat, fish, poultry and vegetable specials each month which can range from $10 to $25 plus delivery fee.
New Eat Right Packages
SHARE is now offering three new food packages designed for specific health concerns.
- The Kidney Health package for people with kidney issues, especially those on dialysis which contains fruits, vegetables and meats high in omega 3 fatty acids and vegetables with vitamins K and C along with fruits containing flavonoids to reduce inflammation and clots.
- The Diabetes Health package with whole grains, plant-based proteins like beans, low sodium products, nuts and dark leafy greens like spinach and kale.
- And the Immune Health package which contains fruits higher in vitamin C, green leafy vegetables high in vitamin E and B and dried fruits for iron.
The SHARE Program also asks that you fill out a “Good Deed” receipt at the time of pick up, letting us know about your volunteer service to the community.
- Orders are placed once a month. You can order as many packages or additional items as you like.
- Order forms can be picked up at Stand Up For Salem/Salem Main Street located in Fenwick Plaza, Suite 107 at 205 E. Broadway or downloaded below.
- Payment must be made at time of order. We accept cash, personal checks, EBT cards and credit cards at the office during the hours of 8:00 AM-3:00 PM. Orders may be placed by telephone if paying with EBT cards or credit cards.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Credit card payments are processed by hand. It is recommended that a low credit limit card be used or a prepaid credit card for security considerations.
Orders and payments are due by the 2nd Monday of each month.
Packages are picked up at our offices between the hours of 9:00 AM-12:00 PM (see the flyer for dates). You must pick up your package on time! We do not have a refrigerator to store food. If you do not pick up your package or have someone pick it up for you it will be disposed of! There are NO REFUNDS.
For additional information contact Jody at 856-935-8800.