The goal of Main Street (and Stand Up For Salem) is a BETTER SALEM through 4 main volunteer groups:
- Economic Restructuring,
- and Organization*
We need ALL 4 happening together to make a better Salem.
- The goal of our promotion volunteers is to FEEL BETTER about Salem. We do the block party, farmers market, summer concerts, BBQ Fest, Gospel Fest, Cow Run and Yuletide Festival and more – to help people feel better about our town.
- The goal of our design volunteers is to LOOK BETTER. We put out flowers, clean up trash, cut down vines, fix broken stuff and more – to help Salem to look better.
- The goal of our Economic Restructuring volunteers is to DO BETTER. We want to help any business we can, and help bring new ones so they can do better for themselves and for Salem.
- The goal of our Organization volunteers is to BE BETTER. We raise funds, partner with the city, churches, businesses, schools, other organizations in any way possible to be a better organization and community member.
WANT TO VOLUNTEER?
If you already do something to help Salem feel, do, look or be better – on your own or with ANY group - then THANK YOU – you are helping us ALL. If you would like to help one of our volunteer groups WE NEED YOU!! Contact our office at 856-935-8800 or any volunteer chairperson, or submit our online form.
* We didn’t make this up – towns all over the country are trying to do this
WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE between Stand Up For Salem and Salem Main Street?
Stand Up For Salem is bigger. Main Street is the volunteer program and SUFS is the not-for-profit agency that coordinates Main Street, our development projects and the Oak to Olive neighborhood plan.